#694 Each day I live I want it to be a day to give..



I can honestly say I am not a materialist person. I do dream for the luxury car, the wallet that is always full, the latest electrical items that have just been released in store, and not to mention the best damn computer that money can buy when it comes to graphics.  Wouldn’t it be lovely to have the best of the best? 
I have noticed my friends buy items just for the sake of having the latest equipment. I honestly do not believe they need it, and find myself wondering why they constantly keep upgrading their lounge when it is only 1 year old, their dining suite when it is perfect, and their television when it is working fine and much larger than mine.
In saying the above, one of my annoying materialistic habits, is to buy something small and then use it for a while –the Knick knacks you pick up sometimes for e.g.: the stupid gimmicks to help you cut up salad easy... You know that one. (Insert roll eyes here).  You see them showing you at a store, and you think wow I could use that, wouldn’t it be great to have. So you purchase it, curse at the expense later for being sucked in again, use it for a while and then store it into a corner cupboard and forget about it. So why do I buy it?

So I decided it was time to give back to others. Empty that overloaded corner cupboard and give back to others who may be looking for that one particular item. Upon emptying the cupboard I had in total approx. 30 Knicks knacks of assortments, bowls and plates I had not used for over 5 years, and 2 coffee machines that still worked…and much much more.
I organized a garage sale and everything sold. I didn’t ask much for the items, hardly anything really, but felt great about the Spring Cleaning (Spring here in Australia) and giving away items to people that need it. It made me decide that the corner cupboard was just the start and now to that annoying linen cupboard. To all of you with that annoying cupboard, or items that can be put to good use, it is time to give back and appreciate what you have and how you can help others.

Showcasing the amazing new works available from some of our awesome designers, I bring to you our destinations for today: -

Nutmeg. Accent Gilt Chair – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Nutmeg. Kate's Vintage Collection - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Nutmeg. Thonet Chair - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
.Shi : Minimalist Dish set - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
.Shi : Noir Minimalist . Napkin w Stack - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
.Shi : Vintage Flatware . Silver - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
LB_ArganTree {Seasons}*Animated - Little Branch – (New) @ Genre Event
:::ChicChica::: Wine Corked - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
{BE} Leather Stool - BellEquipe Design Store - (New) @ Shiny Shabby